Grimalda is the parish centre of the neighbouring area and undoubtedly one of the most beautiful sights in central Istria located on a 447 metres high hill. It is mentioned for the first time in 1202 as the property of the Patriarchs of Aquileia which was taken over in 1420 by Venice. Nevertheless, the settlement existed even in prehistoric times since there is evidence that the village of our times was founded on a fort from the time. Tombstones from Roman times are held in the Archaeological Museum in Pula. Located in the border area, Grimalda suffered many times in the confrontations between Austria and Venice in the 16th and 17th century.
The small church of St. George with the cemetery has a dominant place in the village. It has been redecorated several times and, consequently, apart from the original Romanesque elements, it also has gothic supporting walls. Close to this small church is the bigger neoclassical church, also dedicated to St. George.
Supci pud mavricun
A Reunion of Young Players of Traditional Instruments Supci pud mavricon (Players Under the Rainbow) is held on the Patron Saints Day of St. George, on April 23.
Thanks to the climate, the area around Grimalda has excellent conditions for the cultivation of grapes and olives, and consequently, the locals are known as being excellent wine makers and olive producers